View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 06:02 AM   #9
flaps10

Which is why no one touches my car with a wrench but me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmulus View Post
I have seen a few cars where that happened. The blue smoke is from the diesel in the gas. Once the fuel system is thoroughly flushed, and probably a change of plugs you should be fine. It likely will smoke a lot until all the diesel is burned out of the system. That can damage the O2 sensors and cats, but you are probably OK. I doubt that there is anything wrong with the AOS or MAF.

FWIW, a few years ago a local Audi dealer had a girl bring in an '02 S4 that started missing badly, then blew large clouds of blue smoke and stopped shortly after filling up with "gas". The dealer techs diagnosed it as a blown engine and quoted some outrageous sum for a new engine. She ended up taking it to another slightly shady independent shop that replaced the engine with a used one for half the price, which was still a huge profit. Once it was started, it too blew blue smoke and stopped. That is when they figured out that the tank was full of diesel fuel. They flushed the system and all was well, after a LOT of smoke. They didn't tell the owner the real problem, and kept the original engine that had no real problem...
flaps10 is offline   Reply With Quote