Thread: super charger?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 06:14 AM   #11
986Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
@986Jim,

Hi, no prob w/ disagreement. Clearly we have had different experiences. But, there is some anecdotal experience with other Boxster Owners who've forced their engines and had some issues. Each engine (model, Manufacturer) is different and all do not lend themselves as well to being forced as the ones you mention.

I made no recommendation one way or the other on SC, that's up to the Owner. But, my personal preference is that I prefer NA Engines on most cars, if for nothing else than they don't exhibit the schizophrenic nature inherent in most forced engines - the dual personalities they possess - one on-boost the other off-boost. This is of course more pronounced on TC rather than SC, but still present. Invariably, the boost comes on at some inopportune times. But, as I said, that's my preference. Peace!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
I hear you on that. My Talon makes 140whp before boost and at 4000rpm makes 350whp on the way upto over 400 (at 7500rpm) depending on how cool it is outside. So the ramp up from 3000rpm to 4000rpm is a hell of a ramp, exactly what your talking about. Press Gas, Nothing... nothing... nothing... then holy $hit!!!

Is the boxster engine really that brittle? Seriously? RMS failure is no big deal, it's a seal so what. There are been some sleeves go in a few earlier cars yes, but most of those should be gone by now. Is there really that many other failures? I flog my car quite regurarly and have no problems, maybe I'm just lucky or they havn't shown up yet.
986Jim is offline   Reply With Quote