View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
Perfectlap

tell them that there are ALLOT of Boxsters coming back from leases and the Boxster seems to be the Porsche you most often see for sale in the second hand market. See if you can steal it for $31-32K (it is a base 2.7 not a 3.2) I think This year and mileage seem to be at the mid 30's right now. Best to check Ebay for the Buy it Now prices that's usually the max the current market will handle. 20K in two years,Talk about new car Depreciation! ouch.

If its certified pre owned by Porsche it should be OK. Any mileage under 30,000 sounds good to me. I got mine with only 10,000

The only downside is it has 17" wheels and not the 18" ($2K) Maybe why its priced competitively for that year. Does it have HID headlights? Those go for $1200. Bring up these options during the negotiation.

And do me a favor whatever you do DONT buy it tommorow. Say your going to think it over and DON"T say you'll call him on such and such day. Let the sales man sleep on your interest past Sunday and see if he calls you on Monday. If he doesn't, call him or leave a messge Tuesday and ask if its still avalaible, and if the price is still the same. You want that feeling that he has lost the sale to set in. Tell him your are thinkng about an M3 that you just looked at and you'll be checking out an S2000 the following day and you are very interested in the reliability the Honda offers. A god negotiation should take at least five days. See if he wants to make the sale or if you have to chase it. $34K cars don't just fly off the lot. If he lowers the offer tell you need to talk it over with your wife/finacee. Sales guys hate the ball and chain factor. Its scuttled many a sports car sale. See if he calls to folow up on the deal, if he does make him a lower offer by at least 1,000K. He'll say"I have to clear it wth my manager". The deal will go thru 90% of the time at this point or they'll meet you half way on the lower offer. And if it sells dont worry there are lots of Boxsters. If you want a good deal you have to wiling to walk away from an ok one.

R us sure you want a semi automtic sports car? Might want to try both before you decide, like I said there are LOTS of Boxsters and he S model seems like the better deal in the 2nd hand market.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-05-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote