View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
NickCats

New Owner – Yeah !

Well, I finally did it. I now own the car I have dreamed about for many years. I am the proud owner of a triple black, 1999 Porsche Boxster.

A couple of years back, I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 1987 Porsche 924S. I traded both in on a 2004 Jaguar X Type and missed the 924 every day. So, I traded in my 2 year old Jaguar with 20k miles on a 7 year old Boxster with 20k miles and I couldn’t be happier ( not sure what I will do in the winter, I live in Chicago, but I’d deal with that when the time comes ). Thanks to all for the great info I have found on the forum, such an incredible wealth of information ! I love everything about the car except for the rattle from the windscreen, but apparently that is unavoidable.

Couple of questions :

I have been calling around to see how much the 30k mile service will run and I was surprised about the range in prices :

Dealer 1 $850
Dealer 2 $1499
Dealer 3 $1140
Dealer 4 $920
Dealer 5 $1000
Dealer 6 $672
Dealer 7 $1200

I had each dealer read of what that covers and all read off the same list ( needless to say, I am going to Dealer 6, which of course is the farthest from where I live )

Any feedback on why such a wide range of prices ? I know each dealer is independently owned, but that is ridiculous.

Also, I was thinking of getting the following upgrades from Performance Products :

Power Flow Kit $445
Dansk Exhaust $755
Powerchips $840

Web site claims 13 hp from the air kit, 12 from the exhaust , and 18 from the chip.

Any experience with any of these products ? I would like to boost the HP, but not at the expense of the vehicle. This will be my daily driver, unless there is snow or salt on the road.

Only other change I would make is getting the glass rear window. Not enjoying doing “the chop” every time I put the top down.

Thanks for your input in advance…
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote