View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #9
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
I will definitely be watching this build closely. I may decide to make my Boxster a keeper and will eventually need a new engine.

Curious, any changes needed to the transmission or other driveline components to handle the extra power this motor will produce?
Jake and I discussed this as part of the transaction. In my case my 6 speed has already been gone through for the infamous 2nd gear issue. So no my transmission is good to go. When Jake pulls the engine the clutch disc will be looked at, if remotely suspect it will be replaced. Pressure plate is known to be good. IMS Solution was already added so that will be transferred. Driveline components like CV joints and axles are quite stout so based on past engines Jake has built/installed it doesn't look like these are an issue either. This will not be a 500 hp finicky undriveable beast, this will be an engine with good hp/torque throughout the entire rev range. It will be very driveable with even maybe better fuel mileage if I can keep my foot out of it. Jake and I have discussed " loose " numbers in regards to HP/torque but as Jake say's the proof will be on the dyno. Unfortunately I have to go back to work now
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote