View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #1
rfuerst911sc

Taing it to the next level- 3.6 engine build

It is now officially my turn in the hopper at Flat 6 Innovations. For the past few months I have provided snippets that I was having a 3.6 built by Jake, well now it officially starts. For the past 10 months I've been committed to a very specialized engine that Jake is building for me and I have finally convinced him to let me share a little about the build. I don't think my 2002 Boxster S will ever be the same after this engine is installed and I am happy I spent the extra money to take it to the next level. That level Jake calls a Stage II Plus engine of 3.6 litres.
A few folks have sent me PM's asking why I'm not going for a 3.8 or 4.0 or 4.2 that Jake also offers, to be honest the answer is simple........Jake wouldn't let me ! Now I know that sounds stupid at first but let me explain. When this first conversation took place I asked Jake what he offered for more power. When I told Jake how I like my power delivered he turned me on to something I had not heard was available from him or anyone else...........in a nut shell a 3.6 litre short stroke. Now those of you familiar with the 911 air cooled motors a 3.2 short stroke is a desirable build as it makes good power and likes to rev. That's what I wanted but didn't know was available. After seeing and hearing the components Jake and LN Engineering have designed to make this possible I had to have it ! I can't or won't divulge the trade secrets of this motor but no one is offering this engine in this configuration !
All I can say is it has the largest bore size for a M96 block anywhere in the world that I am aware of. This build will also include Jakes in house designed cam shafts which will put me on the ragged edge of emission standards tests passing. And finally the engine will include what Jake calls the R50 head profile. I'll keep the forum updated on the progress as Jake updates me. He is finishing up a 930 engine this week and then the build of mine starts next week with preliminary assembly. To say the least I am excited !!! I will ad pics to this post as I am provided them by Jake.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote