View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
barks

thanks for reply,
tried to get compression test done yesterday but mate wasnt in,

put some wynns engine seal fixer in this morning which helps rejuvenate valve stem seals just in case.
got to work and checked the old aos, no rips tears or cracks? looked new,(blue diaphram), prob revious owner replaced and didnt fix issue?

so im thinking the new unit fixed the problem but only lasted 10 miles due to something odd?

got to engine after work, oil everywhere i had cleaned on saturday...

so i capped off the intake hole,

when stated car there is a very small amount of smoke coming from aos pipe, which increased when car revved. is this normal, crank breathing faster with revs?

drove home like i stole it, no smoke, interesting as i didnt clean anything this time so i could see if cleaning it on saturday was the reason it didnt smoke, obviously not, it must of been the new aos working for 10 miles.

the only conclusion at the mo is that the vacume is too great for the aos causing it to fail very quickly.

with it capped off the car drives superbly... enjoyed the drive home...

ive read the engine needs a small vacume to help with blow by , by sealing the rings but a small amount of blowby if there is any is better than chucking out massive amounts of smoke and risking hydro lock...

it going to stay capped all week for testing,

any opinions?

barks
barks is offline   Reply With Quote