View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #24
rfuerst911sc

I had this happen on my 02 S and it was the cable end at the shifter. Removing the center console is not hard IF YOU CAN FIND ALL THE DAMN SCREWS !!! I found all of them except one it drove me nuts. It was the one by the ash tray if I remember correctly. Anyway once the console is out of the way you can clearly see the two shifter cables. Chances are you will see that one of them has fallen off the ball socket of the shifter. That means the end of the cable is worn/broken. But the ends are easily replaced. But before removing the bad end take a Sharpie pen and make reference marks , when installing the new end this will be helpful. Took me about 10 seconds to pop the new one in place and all is well. Make sure to put a little bit of grease inside the cup of the new cable end before popping it onto the ball. Good luck.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote