View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #546
Nine8Six

Rottweiler Dog Poisoning by Insecticides

(Some of you fellas are rock solid friends, thanks for the kind words)

We are all back home. And already back to work - finally. Go Go SkyBreaker!

I was reading your msg from the vet but couldn't reply until I reach my home PC today. Phone VPN doesn't like the reply form box thingy... never fully loads up on my Windows Phone. Definitely can read tho so huge thanks again

Little J.J is sleeping/recovering on his mum's favorite sofa atm (special pass) while Thor (his brother) is outside in his backyard 'alone' lolllll Lost a lot of weight poor thing, didn't had a single bite for the last 5 days other than trying to chew out the drip-butterfly thing he has tapped on his wrist (lost 6 kilos)

Few notes to log what "Rottweiler Dog Poisoning by Insecticides" does and treats. Google to pick up those, might become useful for anyone in the same situation. I've posted the same on the Rottie.net forum a few minutes ago

Test results as it went - in case you have similar on your dog.

Treatment:
5x 400ml Drips (with Ampicillin) each day / for 3 consecutive days (24hrs)
4x Fever reducers (unknown drug name)
2x Hypertension/high blood pressure control (unknown drug name)
3x Blood work, 4x urine tests, + other Test Kits to rule out common disease (distemper, Lyme, HW, parasites, etc)

4 days/evening/nights later + $1,600, the dog is at finally home since this evening and so am I. Not doing 100% good but at least we got his kidney well under control and the fever back to normal.

According to his Vet he will make it out without 'too much' permanent damage(s). Whatever that means nobody can be 100% sure without a visual (i.e surgery). So we may never find out.

Unlike myself, be a responsible pet owner if you live in a populated city. Be dbl-more-vigilant if you live in a country where conditions are less than perfect.

ps. the management office have agreed to stop using ALL Insecticides where we live. Why? My wife have carried out a pretty in-depth research and found out that the stuff they use have been banned for use China-wide more than a year ago - the mgt didn't know. The villa had stocks and were still using it The manufacturer told us the chemical loose all of its lethal capacity within one month - faster if it rains a lot.

**this should have been posted in the Off -Topic section. Apologies to all for that mistake