View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
mach schnell

did the ad-text say anything about color? if not, and you are either unsuccesful getting the seller to respond (something in my opinion that suggests deceptive behavior) or they do respond, but are unwilling to rectify the matter, then i think you have a legitimate claim to eBay.

as evidenced by some of my other posts and threads on similar topics (not sure if you saw my post from a few weeks back about some turn signal lightbulbs that i purchased and that whole fiasco?), i have a very low threshold or tolerance for crappy customer service. the way i see it - if you walked into a store and wanted a silver part and the box had silver on it, you'd be safe to assume it was the correct part. if, after getting home, you discovered the part was incorrect, you'd go back to the store and rectify the matter. you wouldn't expect that the store would make you stand outside for several days while they just ignored you, right!? it shouldn't be any different when you buy something online.

and, btw, if the text didn't mention a black part, then it's pretty apparent by his text, "don't assume anything not listed" that this is a common tactic used by this ebay seller. i imagine if you sifted through all his/her feedback, you may find comments to support that.

either way - good luck! ebay (and paypal - if that's how you paid) are very good about supporting and resolving this types of issues
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote