View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
986man2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Good info, thanks for posting that. Hopefully the remainder of that electrode has been kicked out with the exhaust.
You can get a very inexpensive USB inspection camera and poke it in the hole if you want to inspect it further.

Thanks for the info on the inspection cams. I thought about that but I couldnt find a Milwaukee M12 Inspection Camera anywhere in stock and got impatient. The ones you posted look like a great price. I'm definitely gonna give one of those a shot. Have you used any of those before? If so, how good was the resolution? I'm pretty sure I either vacuumed it out or it shot out with the exhaust. some of it probably broke up in the cylinder but I think I pulled that out with the magnet. I also failed to mention that my cylinder was making a "ticking" sound like the valve was out of adjustment but it is completely gone now and the car runs like a top again!! Maybe I will check cylinder compression when I have nothing else to do to see if it is any lower than the others now,....but that will be a while. Now its time to hunt down where my slow oil leak is coming from. It's definitely higher up on the motor. I'll have to take some pics and post that job as well.

Last edited by 986man2015; 05-24-2015 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added info
986man2015 is offline   Reply With Quote