View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #11
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by eicheldp View Post
Fred, all I can say is Wow! I can't believe that happened this quickly.

PS: I'll be showing off your work to 90 other Porsche owners at the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit starting Wed. in North Carolina
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, one said lollllll

Yea my Chinese friends here are fast for stuff like that :/ We actually spoke to the seller pretending to be a customer and wanted to buy a set. He quickly figured out we were not 'Chinese' and got scared for some reason (that's unusual!). I am a fluent Chinese speaker, but locals can detect that I am not all that of a native speaker loll

So that didn't work. He told me he'd call back and pulled off the advert on his estore minutes after. We can't find them atm but surely you'll see those appearing on eBay along all the other crappy "plastic" bezels very soon!

My advantage: I manufacture those myself, I own the machines. Anyone wanting to machine (copy) the same kit will cost him about $90 worth of CNC "per bezel" (4 operations each). At that price those are not anodized and laser'ed yet - add another $40. So for one pair of those super slick precision machined aluminum bezels, you are looking at avg $180 (manufacturer price).

Add the shroud, the adapter kits, also precision machined, and the kit goes up in flame at about $300 "manufacturer price" lolllll

So whoever wants to copy the GTProjectors, either is crazy, or owns some pretty advanced industrial CNC mills and Lathes himself. And who ever owns that kind of expansive automation machinery are busy already - I'm just lucky to have the extra time to do those kits for you guys Really fun to do

why am I saying all that s**t... going back to work here, sorry guys. Just bragging again.

Don - thanks for showing them off mate. You know I'd appreciate that very much