Thread: Hankook Ventus
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #16
flaps10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Box View Post
I'm amazed when I hear Boxster owners claim some of the high mileage they get on tires but after reading the posts here I'm wondering if the 986 models don't share a common alignment or suspension characteristic that causes rear tire wear as the most I've ever gotten on a set of rear tires is 15K miles on the original set of Pirellis that came on it. I went through a set of Bridgestones in 2K miles and both Sumis and Kooks get 10-12K before they are down to the wear bars. I used to track and AX so I thought that was the reason but the rate of wear doesn't seem to change with tamer driving. The alignment, on my Boxster, is not out so that doesn't seem to be the issue. Any thoughts?
Back when I first got my car and had to pick up a power brake bleeder I found a local-ish shop that had one in stock and drove up there. The place is called Achtuning and I had no idea what they really did, but one thing they specialize in is alignments.

I asked if they could do my boxster and he said yes they do them, and that they use different rear end settings which dramatically improves tire life. Not sure what they do but I think I recall him saying that the factory uses way too much toe in at the rear (I could be pulling that out of my a** though).
flaps10 is offline   Reply With Quote