View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thtonbench
2000 S, 20,670 miles

The stains are about dead center with the car, right underneath where the convertible top sits. I could try to get under the car, but thats not easy for a guy like me on this type of car

I just hate to go to the stealership to find out something was loose. I need to find a porsche shop in the DC area

When this notorious main seal goes, where should I be looking for the oil leaks? Im surprised I have not smelled any oil burning, so the leak must not be somewhere ultra-close to the engine...

Thanks in advance for the concern and help This has me more frustrated than anything, because last week a little hole formed itself in my rear-window, and now the oil. Porsche is self destructing just in time for summer
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. The RMS is a center leak, but to start your heart again, so is a leaky Oil Drain Plug. When was the last time you had the Oil changed? DIY? What I'm getting at was the Crush Washer replaced as well? If not, this could explain some seepage from the Plug or it could have been improperly tightened, same result.

Next question is this Motor Oil or Tranny Fluid/ATF? These too can leak, especially the Tip S Pan Seal. You'd notice a Rotten Egg smell if Tranny Fluid.

Unfortunately, if you're not getting under the Car, it's hard to diagnose. But, in any event, there should be no leaks and they don't go away, they always get worse with time, so it will need to be addressed at some point...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote