View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #15
kls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benitom View Post
Not sure if the specifics of Shell vs Chevron have been addressed in these forums but I was using Chevron in my 98 Boxster only because of convenience, Chevron is on my route home from work.

I filled my car up with Shell about a month ago over the weekend and didn't have to fill up for about 2 1/2 weeks of driving back and fourth to work. My commute is only 8 -10 miles one way, depending on traffic I take back roads when the freeway traffic is heavy.

I filled up with Chevron on the next go around and my gas only lasted about 8 business days before I needed to fill up again. I kept the my Boxster parked on weekends to test my theory - now I need to zero out my travel mileage next time I fill up to confirm.

Anyways - just wanted to share my experience as I am still a fairly new Boxster owner.
That might not be the most scientific test of MPG. Even if you were taking the exact mileage, the wind, how fast you drove and how often you hit red lights would effect it, but counting how many days a tank lasts is pretty unreliable.
kls is offline   Reply With Quote