View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #17
jakeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDash View Post
Okay, so to refresh this thread...

Found out today that the uncomfy ride wasn't (in part) due to improper alignment, but failing shock dampers up front. So now I'll need to replace the shocks and possibly the strut bearings and mounts. Any suggestions on what to get?

To remind everyone, I've got the ROW M030 suspension. I don't track the car. And I don't want to spend PSS9 kind of money.
Koni has some new shocks for 986s that might be a good choice to look into. In particular, they have a FSD option that is supposed to ride better than stock, and may fit your needs perfectly. The only thing is I'm not sure if it's ROW M030 ride height compatible - you might want to check with Koni on that. Here's a link:
Porsche Boxster - Koni U.K

I'm trying a set of the Koni sports (their manually adjustable shocks) on my 986 that now has 110k miles on its original shocks. They're also a new product for the 986 - haven't seen anyone else view them (or the FSDs) yet. I've had very good experience with Koni shocks on every other car I've ever put them on, though. Konis tend to have exceptionally good valving.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote