View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #15
Nine8Six

Yea saw that top/bottom part in the P Tech drawing sheet just now

Initial step will be to solid model the complete assembly of the 986 column with accessories. Needs to include everything e.g. top/bottom housing, stalks, shaft, even the complete steering wheel. Once we got that solid model, we'll all contribute as to where/how is best to mount the paddle shift kit together (community power!)

R&D - once you have this replica solid model to tight tolerance, it's pretty elementary to integrate other features and make it in a whole newly designed assembly. I have access to high speed injection molding machine "if" we ever need to mold another housing bottom so I am not too worried.

Yes, will require +/-80mm long extension on both sides... but give those, and the paddles, a nice and fancy 'organic 3d surface/shape' and very possibly it will be far better looking than the Ferrari and Lambo shift kits themselves!

Sent out a note around to the Pcar fans locally to see f there is a Tip wheel available for grab/cheap. Wish me luck

It's an open circuit (+ & -). Once you close it... it simply shift. No delay. I've soldered mine myself when I got that flippy wheel a 4-5 years ago. I actually got that wheel right out of the factory.... I was possibly one of the first to hook it up on the 986 loll I can see where they manufacture those from my roof top here - on a sunny day of course

You in?!

Last edited by Nine8Six; 05-01-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote