View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #29
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Box View Post
turboflyer "Comments: I have done the fluid change, filter also at 60K now setting at 91K. What I want to do is totally pump out the old fluid. I think the math is a bit off on just doing it twice. That won't get her done as they say. you will be changing a 55/50 mix and still have old fluid. Would be more like 4 or 5 times but you know what I mean. So is there a way to purge it all?
I though of maybe a making an adaptor to go inlace of the filter and and then connecting it to a source of 10L of ATF. Not sure if I would damage something or not.
Also considered the trans cooler lines but I don't think it carries all the ATF. Most likely a bypass cooler, not sure.
Some one said Mobile One ATF was fine. I spoke to Mobil tech and they said they did not have a fluid that fit the requirements.
Has any one done a complete fluid change? If so what worked? Thanks in advance.
November 5, 2013
Followup from the Pelican Staff: The best way to purge it all is to use a transmission flush machine. The machine will hook up to the cooler hoses and pump in new fluid as the oil fluid is pumped out. "
I asked about where is was in the article. I didn't read all the comments.

So do you have a transmission flush machine? I don't have one.