View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 05:45 PM   #23
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psquared39 View Post
KRAM36, changed my 02 when i bought it at 46k 6 years ago, if i remember correctly about 6L was enough with pan drop and filter change. Last year i bought a 20L Pentosin from amazon for about $220. the car was at 86k. For three weeks in a row i drained and refilled (drain without pan drop and filter change was only about 4L), on the fourth week i drained, dropped the pan and changed the filter, this was the only method i could figure for a "flush". turned out just right with the 20L jug. What a noticeable difference in transmission performance. just my experience, hope it gives you some direction.
Off the comments in that article I was figuring to have 7 liters on hand, but in the article itself he says to have a container that can hold 12 liters for draining. I'm not looking to do a complete flush like you did. Trans shifts fine, just figure it's time to do the filter change.

Yeah, that wheel looks great, but the price doesn't.