View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #22
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Gosh, I'd start with a good therapist, and work out the whole rotor edge thing ASAP...

Oh, wait. Just read post. Sorry.

I'd pull it out, trans filter & fluid, referb guides and tensioners and all that engine general stuff, and reinstall. Profit.
Yeah I was thinking of just waiting until the rotors cut through the IMS.

I don't have the tools to do the job. I could buy them, but with the cheapest price on the IMS Solution at $1,698.75 then buying all the tools and replacement fluids I'd probably be close to the $4,000 mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Another option:
IMS Guardian
Always wanted to know if you had your IMSB upgraded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
I had my 2002 S IMSB replaced at 140k miles a couple years ago.its also a Tip. My cost was $1200. The engine did not have to come out to do the job.

Btw the old IMSB was perfectly fine. I had it changed cause LN and JR did a great job marketing their product.
That crosses my mind too, spending $4k and the bearing is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Take good care of your car with frequent oil changes and drive it like you stole it. When it finally goes, you had to take the motor out anyways right? Just replace it with a shiny 4.0L
I like your thinking!

Last edited by KRAM36; 04-25-2015 at 03:28 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote