View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #11
MNBoxster

Hi,

The '03 Models are the least produced of any Model Year - 13,452 Units produced Worldwide. Coincidentally, there seem to be fewer issues with the '03 Models, although to be fair it could be any number of Factors including the possibility that the '03 Fleet hasn't yet collectively accumulated as many miles.

I agree with Bruce re. the looks of the 987, I don't like it. I don't think it's better, nor do I think it's a very good update or interpretation of the Original but Personal Taste rules here.

It's generally accepted in Sports Cars that one should buy the newest model one can afford and there may be some truth to this, but you also have to consider that the newer Model will depreciate at a much faster rate as well. A sizable chunk of your investment will just evaporate in your first few years of ownership, whereas in an earlier model, this will be much less pronounced.

I drive a Boxster, yea it's a '99, but I only paid $17k for it a year ago with 17k mi. on the clock - today I could easily get $22k for it. A guy buying an '06 today will lose at least $17k to depreciation in 2 years. My Car is PERFECT in every way - a true 100 point Car, and just like the '06 guy, I drive a Boxster... you decide

My recommendation would be to keep an open mind and buy the Best Car you can find that meets, or comes close to meeting, your ideal. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 04-28-2006 at 04:55 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote