View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #202
BoxsterLS376

E-brake update - more clearance for Clarance~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcrivers816 View Post
I would have probably parted out my LSx build if I didn't find this thread. You saved me haha. Might have to schedule a road trip to Georgia to have an LS Boxster meet.
Sounds good to me!! Glad you decided to press on!

Well as I said those little spacers in the back were no good and lifting the rear of the trans back up caused clearance issues with the main crank bolt and the E-Brake holder again, so...

Motor out again, hopefully for the last time before really hooking it all up and getting this bad boy on the road. I started by shaving down the crank bolt some more as well as the E-brake holder but just didn't think i'd be happy enough with that to go through the effort of putting the motor back in to check so I started looking at other options. The only real option is to relocate the EB holder again so I decided to try and mount it to the back side of the support brace inside of the cooling tunnel~

Well lots of trimming of both the EB holder and a bit of trimming on the left side of the cooling tunnel so the cable has clearance and viola!

This should net me all the room I need at the nose! I should have at least 1/2"' more room now so hopefully that is done and done~

Other things on the to-do list while the motor is out...

Tapping the cylinder head for the Porsche coolant temp sensor~
Test fit alternator and a/c compressor ( fix a/c bracket mounting hole )
Fix shotty body work

I'm sure there is something i'll forget but it seem with this project there is always more to do

Sorry for the video quality, I may have gotten the lens dirty but none the less, here is todays update video:

https://youtu.be/A5Dwr16ds_k

Thanks!
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote