View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #9
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
Actually, No. I gave the link to the site so he could pick his own part. As far as the part, Critical parts I will replace with factory. I'm not interested in stories like the expansion tank saga to save a few dollars... But that's me. Choices are up to the individual. Options though are fine. Guess I should have prefaced with best price on factory part.
I guess you're not understanding. Pierburg is a supplier of Porsche's water pumps. Just because it says genuine Porsche does not mean it's made by Porsche. Jake Raby stated that he only buys water pumps directly from Porsche and that he has seen them use 3 different suppliers.

Who makes the original Porsche water pumps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthservices View Post
I'm not so wild about FCP parts after installing some of their parts on BMWs and having them fail less than a year later.
The pump is made by Pierburg, not FCP lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I installed the kit from Pelican consisting of water pump, gasket, and low temp thermostat. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive. Works great.

2000 Porsche Boxster - Water Pump
and that kit uses a Pierburg water pump.

Last edited by KRAM36; 04-17-2015 at 09:03 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote