View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #12
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tinker View Post
There as some things regarding Porsche maintenance I just can't be buggered about with trying to save a few dollars on alternatives - things like genuine water pumps, coolant, alternators and, yes, gearbox fluid.
For heavens sake, if 3 x qts @ $50-00 / qt replaced every 50,000 miles is too much to pay, you're driving the wrong car. Use the search function and you will find threads littered with alternative (cheap) accessories that were changed out AGAIN after the el-cheapo substitutes failed to live up to expectations.
Don't get me wrong, my father was a tight arsed Yorkshireman who watched every penny & I'm of the same mould, but sometimes you just have to pony up and buy the correct bits....
I have to agree with you on this. Just about everyday, we get someone in, or read about it online, that is trying to go as cheap as possible on these cars. People are always looking for a free iPhone app as good as a PIWIS, or a $7 off the shelf bearing to replace the IMS (which really makes me cringe). While we try to politely explain the differences between various products, unfortunately some people's hearing seems to shut down as soon as price is mentioned. If you want to go cheap, get a Honda or a Toyota Camry, but don't do it to one of these cars. The truly funny part is the guys driving the 2015 Porsche Turbo S or a Ferrari 458 Italia are always asking, "Is there something better?", never something cheaper.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 04-17-2015 at 08:14 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote