View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #11
Hogosha

HOLY COW! Ever since getting my wife her 99' Boxster in October, I have been doing my due diligence, and reading up as much as I can on the things I need/want to do. the IMS issue is of course always on my mind. I just received my first Blackstone Labs oil analysis (can not recommend them enough) to start a baseline, as I had no idea, what type of oil was in her, or even when the last time it was changed. The report showed higher than normal aluminum, iron, and copper in the sample, which could be due to a contaminated sample, or just being in the car for a looong time, with sub-standard oil. regardless this has caused me alarm, and I am trying to decide my next step concerning the IMS.

The information here, as well as other forums concerning IMS replacement/upgrade is MIND NUMBING! LN vs. Pelican vs. Factory vs. everyone else, off the shelf bearings, hybrid ceramic bearings, roller bearings, and the list goes on and on. The waters get muddied further by people jumping on one bandwagon or another and starting flame wars which do nothing to really answer questions. Jeez! What's a guy to do?