View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
Chuck W.

Added Secondary Cat Delete Pipes - TopSpeed

I recently removed a FDM modified muffler and replace it with a PSE.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/56379-installed-pse-porsche-sport-exhaust-photos.html

The sound of the FDM muffler was louder and more to my liking. After reading numerous threads, I elected to add secondary cat delete pipes to improve the sound of the PSE. There were three choices for the pipes; Fabspeed, Circuit Werks and TopSpeed. Fabspeed was just too much money at close to $500. I looked at Circuit Werks and didn’t care for the O2 Sensor holes that I would not use and would be plugged. They did have a mounting tab but I didn’t deem it necessary due to the weight of the pipe.

I ended up settling on the TopSpeed pipes. What I really liked with their pipes is they are in two pieces. This makes the mounting very easy. I read one thread where the poster had bought Fabspeed pipes and could not get them to line up and mount correctly. He ended up taking the car in and had a shop do it for him. They had to add an extension pipe to get them mounted.

The removal of the secondary cat was very easy and pretty straight forward. The mounting of the TopSpeed pipes was extremely easy. I followed the lead of others who had done this mod and attached the front but left the bolts very loose. I then attached the rear pipes. After securing the rear I went back to the front and tightened them down.

TopSpeed is a vendor on this board and posted a special on these pipes back in 2012. I sent them a PM and asked if the offer was still good. It was. So instead of the $199 eBay price (or their current special on eBay of $188), they sold them to me for $160 shipped! Class act. Shipping was quick and communication was great!

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/33153-f-s-che-boxster-test-pipes.html

As far as sound is concerned it is much better with the secondary cats deleted.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote