View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
McLuvin

Hello...

Please note that there is no transferring of anything with this cable. You simply purchase the cable and use it as intended. Nothing has been recorded or stored anywhere with this cable. It was purchased from Softronic and I was going to use it on my Boxster but it ended up in a drawer due to life changes. I did not give Softronic anything but my credit card number and mailing address to send the cable to. They have no clue what vehicle I was going to flash as I never ran the software to send my ECU info to them. You only have to worry about a transfer if the cable you are interested in was actually used to flash tune a vehicle previously. When you flash tune a vehicle with this cable, you have to send in your ECU information to Softronic so they can customize a flash based on your vehicles configuration. All I am trying to find out from Softronic is how one can tell if the cable has not been used to ease any apprehension some may have in purchasing. The initial response I received from Softronic was that there was no simple way to check. I find that hard to believe and was hoping to get more information so no one feels like they have to take a leap of faith with this purchase. I know many of you are interested as this is the fastest and cheapest way to boost performance by these numbers for a Boxster so I am trying to get as much information as possible. I encourage anyone interested to please feel free to contact April at Softronic (number below). She has been most helpful in answering my questions. I would also be more then willing to help anyone with their flash tune to make sure they are getting what they paid for.

To answer your question "Will the softronic software work with a regular durametric enthusiast cable?", I honestly do not know but I really don't think it will work. Even if it does, Softronic will hit you up with a charge once you send in your ECU read out for tuning as the cable you are using will more then likely not show up as a valid Softronic cable. I believe the cable Softronic sells is a customized version of the Durametric cable that allows for both uses. It's a very good value if you want to flash tune your car and also use the Duramteric software for diagnostic purposes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.k View Post
Greg, Please provide an update when Softronic tells you how to properly sell and transfer your software licence. Will the softronic software work with a regular durametric enthusiast cable?
McLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote