View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
McLuvin

Hello,

Please see response below in red for each question:

1. The vehicles (VINs) get tied to the software not the cable correct? Do you have the drivers (assuming it is USB) for the cable? Who are the drivers from Softronic or Durametric? No, the 3 VIN's for the Durametric software use are tied to the cable. So it doesn't matter where you install the Durametric software at or how many times you install it. The software reads the cable for the stored VIN's. As seen in my original screen shot, you will see ZERO VIN's tied to this cable. I am not entirely sure how Softronic handles it though as I have never installed their software. I do have a message out to them to get more information on their process. The cable is USB and no special drivers are needed.

2. Will this cable work with Softronic s/w only or will it work with Durametrics s/w too? It works with both. Using this cable with the Softronic software will allow you to flash tune 1 vehicle only. More information is available at Softronic.com. In conjunction with the 1 vehicle flash tune from Softronic, you can also use this cable with the Durametric software on 3 unique VIN numbers. Each software is used completely independent of each other. The VIN you use for the flash tune with Softronic has no impact on the 3 VIN's allowed to use with the Duramteric software. The Duramteric software can be found here: Durametric Version 6 Downloads When you install the Durametric software and plug in the cable to your PC via USB, the cable will be recognized as a Duramteric Enthusiasts cable as seen in my original screen shot. You can read more here about the various Durmateric cables: Porsche Diagnostic Store | Durametric Software Products for Sale

3. Assuming you have sold the Softronic s/w. How much are you asking for cable only? Could you post a pic? Nothing has been sold. This is the same cable you would get from Softronic if you purchased it directly. They are currently selling a similar package for $895 as seen here: Porsche 986 Boxster Performance Software Tuning Flash. However, my cable allows for 3 VIN's with Duramteric where their latest cable only allows for 1 VIN use with Durametric. Both still allow you to flash tune 1 vehicle. You are paying for the flash tune programing that Softronic will provide once you use the cable. Installation instructions can be found on Softronic's website here: Softronic Software Installation

In short for the Softronic flash tune process, you install the software (found on the link above), attach the cable to your PC and then your Porsche, the software will read-out your current ECU and let you save it out, you send that to Softronic which will then evaluate your current setup and then create a flash tune based on that information, Softronic will send the flash tune to you, then you load the flash tune to your Porsche via the software and cable. You are paying for the cable that allows you to flash tune. This is where the 15hp and additional torque are coming from as noted previously.

Please let me know if you have any others questions or if I need to elaborate any further.

Thanks,
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFan5 View Post
Greg,

Three questions:

1. The vehicles (VINs) get tied to the software not the cable correct? Do you have the drivers (assuming it is USB) for the cable? Who are the drivers from Softronic or Durametric?

2. Will this cable work with Softronic s/w only or will it work with Durametrics s/w too?

3. Assuming you have sold the Softronic s/w. How much are you asking for cable only? Could you post a pic?

Please let me know if

The fact that the cable is never used we need to somehow be sure about the two points...

Let us know. Thanks.
McLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote