View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 12:51 PM   #19
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by newBgeek View Post
Jake, thank you for answering all of my questions. I learned a lot today!

My next question was answered in your website, the LN retrofit is rated for 50,000 miles, which means I can look forward to another replacement in about 3 years

I think when the time comes, I'll return to the stock Porsche bearing with the improved seal. It seems to me that relying on splash lubrication in a part of the engine which was never originally designed for splash lubrication will have a lot of variability, like your driving style. Mine is a daily driver highway cruiser, which is probably the worst scenario for lubricating the bearing. You really need to "drive it like you stole it" for the best lubrication. I can imagine explaining that to a police officer, "Just lubricating my bearings, officer!" lol
That mileage rating is very conservative; we have several customers that are way beyond that mileage and are showing no signs of problems. I would not be overly concerned about that number.