View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 AM   #1
986man2015

Best Clutch kit & IMS bearing for 2000 Boxster S 3.2L 6spd

Hello all, I am new to this site. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and recently had a family member purchase a 2000 Porsche Boxster S with 100K Miles on it. I'm wondering if you guys can help me out with a couple of questions. I have heard horror stories about the IMS bearings going out and ruining engines. Since I don't have much of a history on the car's service, do you think I should have the IMS bearing replaced? It's quite expensive but I have seen bearing kits online for around $600 all the way up to $1300. The car doesn't seem to have any issues when I drive it. However, I am afraid it will just blow up on me if that IMS bearing is bad. Secondly, IF we do replace the IMS bearing, I have been told we might as well replace the clutch at the same time. I have seen clutch kits on ebay for as low as $345. However, I don't know what brand to buy. There is a sachs kit and a Luk kit? Both of the are around the same price. Has anyone on here bought either one of these kits from ebay? If so, how well are the clutches holding up?

Any help sure would be appreciated. Also, if there are any members on here in the DFW area I sure would like to hear from you.

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

"O"
986man2015 is offline   Reply With Quote