View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 04:34 AM   #48
juiced99ws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I guess you do have less cubic footage and power, so maybe that's the difference. I wish there was some way to convey the sound, but I doubt a video would do it justice.

Mine certainly doesn't make things rattle (thankfully), but it definitely fills out the low end with zero distortion and full, rich sound.
BTW, mine is pushed by an older Sony Xplod 250 watt running in mono (200 watt RMS into 2 ohm mono stable).

Kicker TCVT8.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it sounds amazing. I know those W7s would have sounded amazing as well and they can be mistaken for 12s. Its just the age old no replacement for displacement. It does go for speakers as well.. You can turbo a car to get more performance, you can change speaker materials and enlarge the boxes and get better performance, but in the grand scheme of things you can do the same to the larger speakers. I completely agree that nowadays speakers are far far far superior to what we used to have and can make much better sound it a much smaller enclosure, I won't argue that fact. I have been doing car stereos in just about everything I have owned for 15 years now and I truly love having some great sound without too much compromise. I remember back in the day I had two competition 12 inch audiobahns in the back of my trans am, sounded great but took up the whole trunk. A couple years ago I had a ten inch box made that fit in a fairly useless space in the car, tweaked it best I could with a hidden amp, and still sounds great. We are definitely making strides!
juiced99ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote