View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #7
HELLAS59

Hello Peraspera19, PorscheFan5, and to the rest of you great folks on this thread. I have the EXACT same problem as you guys, the Lock Cylinder on the drivers sude just keeps turning

Peraspera:

I noticed that you wrote that the problem with these lock situations is usually two things.

On the first link that you posted from ******************************************** I noticed that you said that: Part 12 on the diagram is a very common plastic piece that breaks. The problem is that there is no part number listed on that website nor any price...it just says "closing element" and that the quantity needed as "2"

What do I search for to find this part? Please any help would be greatly appreciated !!

The other common cause you said can be fixed by using the parts from:

RegulatorFix VW Passat Door Lock Repair Kit - Front (left or right)

I noticed that PorscheFan5 wrote that he needed another piece to fix his problem and did it by using the parts from:

"RegulatorFix VW Golf IV Jetta Door Lock Repair Kit - Front (left or right)"

The reason I write all this is because I would actually like to order BOTH lock repair kits AS WELL as the Part 12 PLASTIC piece so that I can have everything available in front of me on the day that I decide to tackle this annoying problem/repair. I will return whatever I dont need once I figure out what part of my lock mechanism has actually broken.

So if anyone knows where I can get the Part 12 Plastic piece that ******************************************** lists as the "closing element"...I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT !!

You guys are right...it is so ridiculous that Porsche just doesn't offer these pieces so that they could be sold separately

Last question, would buying a used Left Drivers side door assembly like the one listed here on eBay actually solve the problem ?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151476705723

It says it has 9 pins and that it works on 99-05 Boxsters....I have a '99. Or am I completely off about this part...sorry guys, I am not too parts savvy when it comes to this stuff, which is the reason that I am asking if this door assembly would actually work, to make it easier for me.

Any more help or guides on how to install this stuff would be great too!!

PS1....You guys are awesome, thank you so much for your time !!!!

PS2....Awaiting your responses and guidance anxiously !!
HELLAS59 is offline   Reply With Quote