View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 02:09 AM   #13
mjbliemel

RE: "high maintenance cost"

Well, it does cost more to maintain than a Hyundai I suppose, but it comes with the territory in Boxsterland.

You just have to accept the fact that servicing the car is going to cost more, that is a given. But, quite frankly I haven't found the costs to be that outrageous. If you are buying one of these cars you hopefully are in a good enough financial position to where a few hundred more for this kind of thing isn't going to kill you. If it is, then you obviously shouldn't be driving one.

If your Boxster is still under warranty, the higher cost of whatever repairs it needs is not going to be an issue. If your Boxster is past the warranty period and you have a really big repair, such as an engine replacement, well be prepared to pay quite a bit of money for that. But, like I said if you own one of these cars you can probably afford the repairs out of warranty too. I wouldn't want to pay for an engine replacement, no one wants to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a major thing like that. But, if it ever should come down to that, I can handle it and you should be able to handle it as well. Again, if you can't, then you probably shouldn't own this kind of car.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote