View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
I found a 2000 Boxster S somewhat close to me that seems to be well taken care of with about 100k miles on it. He's asking $9000. KBB doesn't seem to be very reliable with these cars, as almost all the Boxster S that I've seen are selling for over KBB value, plus I'd be willing to pay more if the car was well taken care of. What would be a reasonable price for a 2000 Boxster S with 100k miles that was well taken care of?
Yeah KBB doesn't seem to jive with the real world asking prices. I think KBB list them too low.

Anyways, I've got 116K miles on my car, no IMS upgrade, never had the coolant tank changed either. With 100k miles on the car you know it's been driven and not a garage queen. Most all of the IMS failures I have read about are on low mileage cars, plus that car should have the dual row IMS which is more stout then the single row IMS in my car.

As for the price, $8,000 would be the most I would pay.