View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #8
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
sorry, i confused the two. typically a venturi in the format here is used to create a vacuum. like the aos pipe that connects at the throttlebody, the air rushing by the end of the tube creates a low pressure area and consequent vacuum. this is how the aos creates vacuum on the crankcase. in this case, i would suggest that the tip needs more vacuum than the system can provide typically, so additional connections are made to create additional vacuum (you get vacuum before the tb from the air rushing by, but no vacuum here when the car is idling; in reverse, you get lots of vacuum in the manifold when the tb is closed, but less when it is open). where does the third end of the venturi system connect to?
The third connection goes off to some place right next to the air conditioning compressor. I have yet to track down what it connects into as at the time it wasn't on my mind. I can find out tomorrow though.