View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
dude. i googled 'boxster tiptronic vacuum' and this was the first thing that came up (refer to post #10):

air intake/vacuum line routing - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
This post?

Quote:
Nivaldo, your car is equipped with a Tiptronic transmission and the vacuum switching valve you're identifying opens the coolant supply line to the transmission cooler. The tube in your hand connects from the purple circle to the blue circle (technically from the vacuum reservoir). The yellow tube connects to the green circle (which leads to a thing Porsche calls the 'flat-base valve on the transmission'). Repair literature cautions that transmission cooling will be inadequate if you don't get things hooked up properly.
He is referring to the secondary vacuum lines. I'm curious about the venturi tube. As you can see the 2 spots where it connects into the intake system after the MAF sensor. I want to know what this tube is doing and how the engine is compensating for whatever it does to the air volume. It's effects are obviously not picked up by the MAF sensor.

Last edited by KRAM36; 03-19-2015 at 04:18 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote