View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 05:26 AM   #14
Dlirium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by calimanusa View Post
I also bought the 2L deep sump through the Planet-9 group buy. Be sure you have the correct size screws. Mantis initially sent out 40mm screws which turn out to be too long.

From my understanding, there was a change in design or the depth of the counter-sinks were bored too deeply, but either way the 40mm screws will bottom out. The correct size is 35mm. Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way as I was one of the first to install the 2L sump after their last manufacturing run. The long screws bottoming out caused my engine block to crack resulting in thousands of dollars in damage.

The correct screw length is on the right. You should have received replacements already.

Oh, major bummer! Very sorry to hear that :-(

I did receive the replacements, but haven't had a chance to give any of it a try. Will be a post Easter project at this point...

Thanks for letting us know!!
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote