View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
Billyfixespcs

Question Fuel valve question

I recently had a problem with my 2001 Boxster. I couldn't put gas in because (according to the mechanic) the electro-magnetic switch that opens some valve further down it the gas tank assembly went bad . They ordered a new one, installed it and that didn't fix the problem. That night I did what I should have done to begin with and researched the problem and "lo, and behold" the fuse was gone. Which was my doing accidentally, of course. The mechanic put the finger gun to his head and pulled the trigger when the info was relayed. Now here's the thing... they don't charge for diagnostics at this place and so he took the part back out and replaced it with the old part, charged me nothing. A couple of days later I have the same problem again. Brought the car back and they put the new part in and everything works fine. MY QUESTION here is what are the chances that electromagnetic switch is going to fail at all? How often does that actually happen? And then what are the odds that it would happen to fail the same time that a fuse is removed accidentally and the mechanic misses it and works all day on a car for free because he didn't catch the fuse? Any input would be appreciated, thanks
Billyfixespcs is offline   Reply With Quote