View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
Pominoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean View Post
I am always on the hunt for a new porsche . My next car of choice would be a 987 mk2 S followed by a 996 C4S . The mk2 boxsters are holding well in value with good examples asking north of 40K and the old 996 C4S getting older by the minute around the 35k mark . Way to much money for used cars .
I never look at the base boxster but i have seen a few come around that where optioned well and for reasonable dough . As much as i would love the 310 h.p. D.I. motor , i am getting older and H.P. numbers seem less important as a newer more refined and reliable car would be .
So .... The base 2.9 makes similar power (255 hp 214 tq) to the 03 986 3.2 (258 hp 229 tq) with torque being about 15 ft. pounds less in the base .
I would also go with The PDK box as well .
I would like to hear some thoughts on this match up and if anyone has driven the base 2.9 and a 986 s .
I've thought about what I might get in the future, and the 987-2 2.9 appeals to me as well. Similar performance to the 986-s but a more up to date car. That engine is meant to be reliable as well. I've not driven one though. Having said that, I'm perfectly happy with my lowly 2.7 986 base for now. ��