View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #1
Chuck W.

Passenger Door Would not Open from Inside or Outside - Solved?

I installed leather door panels in my Boxster last week. Yesterday I found that the passenger door would not open from the inside or outside. I figured I failed to connect something correctly. I was able to remove the door panel enough to see that everything was attached correctly.

I searched the web and found the below posting on Pelican.....

"You can try this not sure if it will work in your case though, I assume the top is down and you can get in the car.

You need to sit in the car, lock with remote key fob, pull passenger (inside) door handle, then lock with remote again. Repeat this until the fob stops responding, then stick key in ignition start car, stop car, remove key and repeat the process until the door finally opens.

After this point do NOT double click the fob lock (i.e. deadlock) or your back at square one."

I followed the instructions and tried the the door from the inside after time I pressed the lock function of the fob. After the fifth time the door opened. Nice. However, what's up? Do I have an electronic issue, a bad micro switch or was this just a reset? The posting on Pelican was 2 1/2 years old with no other information or follow up.

TIA

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote