View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #12
husker boxster

PL - thanks for the video. I LOVE that track. I don't know if I'll ever get back there again, but I dream all the time about driving there. Doing the Parade DE last June at Laguna Seca was bucket list stuff.

Now back to the matter at hand... There are pics of a Spyder GT4 on the net out testing (with a bit of cammo). Not sure if Porsche will continue their practice of making the Boxster 15hp less than a Cayman, but 370 would be tastey in a Spyder. The Cayman was introduced with 15 more hp back in 06, which I guess was the reason for the higher price than a Boxster. That hp difference went away for many yrs but Porsche's gone back to that practice with the Boxster GTS being 330hp and the Cayman GTS at 345.

RB - Riv blue is a great color but I think it would be PTS on the 981. You're correct the list price of a GT4 is pretty close to a GTS, but I'm sure the dealers will be getting at least sticker for their allotment slot, if not more. I've already seen someone offering their build slot for sale at 20% of sticker (or roughly $20K). If you find a GTS already on the lot with the options you like, chances are you could get a normal or better than normal discount on it. And then you could get it wrapped.

Here's a cpl pics of a Riv blue 991 that was at Parade. Just want to make you drool.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote