Thread: Boxster Outlaw
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:18 AM   #18
WillH

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
those wheels are fine - who makes them? heavy? I think for headlights you have to go the fred/pw route - good price, custom look, and not too modern if you choose the right colour for the surrounds. the go-to for seats is the gt3-style seat, and not much work to get the inserts covered in whatever you want, but it might be cool to go with something a little unconventional like a lotus elise seat, or perhaps tilton. currently the cheapest thing out there that's fia approved would be bimarco on ebay.
The wheels are Walker designed and made by these guys
52 Outlaw Wheel - 52 Outlaw

So far for the lights, I sandblasted the silver off the "eyeliner" but was unhappy with the results as the angle of attack is less than ideal,(along with fine blast media and lack of consistent high pressure), the very last little silver slivers were impossible to remove. I was going for the all black look of the aftermarket LEDs. Ended up painting the surround black. Not ideal but really shrinks the headlights down.
Not happy with my stock seats but they will have to do for now. Too many higher priorities to do now. Just converted to bullet nose studs, next will drop with Vogtland springs, then wheel spacers and new brakes. That should exhaust my spring play money.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote