View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Retroman1969

Strange cooling issue...

This is on the daily driver. We had several inches of rain a few days ago, and the following day I had to drive out to a Llama ranch to photograph it for work. To my dismay, the last 4 miles of the trip were on a dirt road, which had turned to red-clay-mud. I proceeded cautiously and made it just fine.
Back in the city I stopped at the first car wash and washed the mud off of the lower half of the car, concentrating especially on the undercarriage, the wheel wells, and the radiator cavities.
All clean and moving on, about an hour later I noticed the car running at around 195-200 degrees instead of the usual 180. Odd. I checked to make sure the fans were coming on and the coolant full. Yes, both fans coming on and going off, coolant staying at MAX mark. It was not overheating, just maintaining a higher temperature than normal. Took the car home, made an appointment with the shop, and checked everything again. Fans still working, and coolant full.
This morning when I started it to take it to the shop, the coolant was well below the MIN mark, and the red light flashing. No visible leaks or smell. Really strange.
It's being looked over now, but...
Any thoughts?

Thanks!