View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #27
VaBadBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
There is nothing needed for fitment. Worst case you may have to install with loose brackets the first time and then tighten up.
Exactly! There is no cost of fitment. It comes on and off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
I think its a combination of things.
  • The asking price in relation to most users current car value is too high. If it was $1,500 to $2500 it would be gone tomorrow.
  • Andreas however scummy he may seem still has 2 unpainted brand new units for sale at $2980 a pop.
  • Renegade Hybrids has one in the final stages of manufacturing that should be out soon.
  • Eric's tops are $2100 New Boxster Hard Top Prototype

If someone has been hunting for one of these tops (which is a non essential extra) they will have noticed one or all of the above things.

That Renegade was "soon to be released" 4 years ago when I bought my top. It still hasn't come out. It uses plexiglass windows. Mine has real glass, latches, gas struts, finished interior and a brake light. It's complete. Nothing needed but paint if it doesn't match. I had mine painted at the local Jaguar dealer body shop (Brown's Jaguar) for $500. The quality of the job was the same as they give Jags that come through their bays

And not to be negative towards Eric's top... but, you lose the use of your trunk. And with space being premium in a boxster ehhh... (Sorry)

Last edited by VaBadBoy; 03-10-2015 at 04:20 PM.
VaBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote