View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #25
juiced99ws6

Some things not being accounted for.

1) Can't begin to compare a top with functioning hatch and all glass installed to one you can get for 2000$ that is just a fiberglass shell meant for plexi windows.
2) If color combination is correct you get a fully finished top with finished and nice interior to it.
3) On top of glass you also get defrost provisions and LED third brake light.
4) The value of the cars does not drive the price of parts. Price anything from suspension to engine parts and the price is high. Price of Porsche ownership.

Your right, someone hunting will have noticed these things. I haven't even had mine long enough to install yet. I researched for months and the Z-top costs alot because of the quality and what you get. I paid 3k for mine and have to get it painted inside and out. I will be just under 4k. If your colors do not match one of the 2 Andreas has then you are looking at same expenses I had on top of shipping or pickup costs. This is why I went with one I could get eyes on. It is non-essential but desireable and one day if someone wants it I would let mine go for what I have in it or maybe after I have the chance to enjoy it I would lower the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
I think its a combination of things.
  • The asking price in relation to most users current car value is too high. If it was $1,500 to $2500 it would be gone tomorrow.
  • Andreas however scummy he may seem still has 2 unpainted brand new units for sale at $2980 a pop.
  • Renegade Hybrids has one in the final stages of manufacturing that should be out soon.
  • Eric's tops are $2100 New Boxster Hard Top Prototype

If someone has been hunting for one of these tops (which is a non essential extra) they will have noticed one or all of the above things.

Last edited by juiced99ws6; 03-10-2015 at 12:53 PM.
juiced99ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote