View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 04:19 AM   #1
whitecliffs

M96 Camshaft Timing

Hi just installed my cams into the cylinder heads and can anyone give me the information needed for the camshaft timing on the M96 engine, boxster or 996.

lve seen some info on various sites but it seems very vague relating to pistons 4-6

Most say at TDC on the M96 engine piston 1 and 4 are at TDC or as some call it banks 1 (1-3 ) and bank 2 ( 4-6 )
and with the inlet cam notch pointing outwards on bank 1 and the notches on the exhaust cam inline with the cam covers, bank 1 is timed correctly which is fine, but what about the position of the inlet cam notch on bank 2 while the inlet cam notch on bank 1 is pointing outwards

No one seems to mention this and on the one article i did see on bank 2 was the inlet
cam notch had to be pointing inwards at TDC and again the exhaust cam notches inline with the cam cover, but again no mention where the notch on bank 1 one would be in relation to this.

At the moment ive got pistons 1 and 4 at TDC and bank 1 (1-3 ) inlet cam notch pointing outwards, exhaust cam notches lined up with the cam covers and bank 2 ( 4-6 ) inlet cam notch pointing inwards, exhaust cam notches lined up with the cam covers is this right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
whitecliffs is offline   Reply With Quote