View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 AM   #9
amitmishra4

So who are the proven competitors in the market? I don't know of any really, which is why I am asking. Or are you not allowed to divulge that information becauase of the nature of your work? I would be interested in learning about alternate options out there and want to buy something in the immediate future. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
for what it is, i think the price is reasonable (and this is coming for a competitor )
your example of the home automation is perfect if that is what you want to get.
the cots is mostly for the software and support, as the hardware is relatively cheap to make. i think they just came up with a control panel you can use from a PC.
the big disadvantage of that device, is the fact that you need to use your phone as a logger and transmitter. so if someone else is driving your car, or your phone is not synced, you will loose some data. the fuel reading is accurate, although i'm not sure how they calculate the costs (maybe national average price?)
there are many other solutions and companies that offer a similar OBDII "plug and play" GPS tracking device, but the price will be higher (as the HW contains GSM modem), and will involve monthly fees for the communication costs.
we also offer a similar product, but not in the US.
amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote