View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
Dlirium

Garage
Brake Pads - Track, AX, and street?

All,
I've spent the last hour reading through just about every brake pad related post on this forum (at least what I can find with the limited search capabilities!).

I have Hawk HPS performance street pads now, and HATE them. No initial bite, they don't seem to get better with temp, and give me zero confidence on the track.

What I'm looking for is a pad that will perform well for my AX (6/year) and track days (4/year), and be tolerable on the street. This is a semi-dedicated race car (2000 S) that I do drive on weekends in nice weather now and again. I also have to drive it to and from the tracks.

Cost is mostly not a factor, don't care about dust, but I'd prefer something that isn't overly noisy. The key is that they have to perform well cold (AX) as well as hot (track).

Is this a reasonable request? The reading I have done seems to point to a few solutions:

- EBC Blue or Yellow (Probably not Red)
- Pagid Yellow or Orange
- Akemono?

I'd appreciate your input on this!! My first AX of the season is on 3/28...
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote