View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
nicecar

My car was purchased from a dealership that is considered to be the premier dealership in the country. Used S 02 88k miles,zero service records, zero knowledge of p cars. I asked the salesman, who was fired since then(no knowledge) If I needed a ppi and if I was buying from anywhere else I would bring it to them. He said and showed me the 110 point safety inspection they did. Then he showed a new invoice for repairs they did to prepare for sale. Tires, brakes, rotor, resurface cam covers for like 3400 bucks. I did not get a PPI.......huge mistake 5500 dolars within 60 days. Find someone who knows these cars and let them test drive get 2 ppi .....whatever it takes. April is 4 years with my car. 15,000 in repairs both mechanical and cosmetic. About 1000 a year above average expendature. I have been doing most repairs for about a year know after the IMS repair at 95000 miles now at 121,000. The only thing I regret is no PPI. I would have bought the car for a lot less or not at all.The salesman said I wont be back for a year or 10000 miles for oil. How much for a oil change I ask? 300 he says. Maybe CPO is the way to go if you dont take care of your machines. I take care of all my motors for general maintenance so it is not to much more work for me and it is fun as you will learn from this forum. No time, desire, tools, garage or money, maybe some other type car is for you.
nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote