View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Tarek307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbster View Post
Tarek,
I share your pain. I had a similar situation and decided to rebuild the engine. You have a smarter approach! My conclusion after well over $5000 is parts,tools,materials and many ,many months of study,labor and determination is =bad idea. Yes it is fascinating for a geekish engineer. But it is financially foolish for the average diy Forum member.
For someone who has done all the study,has all the tools and experience, it may be very attractive.
To help your prospective buyer who will need to replace all the lifters - there have been several discussions on the usual Forums about using a BMW interchange part for the 24 lifters. The saving is huge.
You may be able to buy the cam cover and cams from local Forum members. That may make it easier to sell.
BTW I went to school in Ismalia-briefly !
ma'a as-salaama
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info man- i'm so disappointed, specially that whenever anyone would say a word about a boxster or a 911 regarding ims i would tell them the cars are bullet proof lol... i bought this one and had total peace of mind that the IMS was done in it- lol...then this happens-

i am now convinced these cars are POS.

ps: i 've never been to ismailia- i think not many people go there unless they are from there or army training - but i hear its beautiful
Tarek307 is offline   Reply With Quote